Apple announced its latest and greatest suite of new devices today in San Francisco, and we can't wait to get our hands on the hardware. Here's what you can expect from the new smartphones hitting stores later this month:
• Two models: iPhone 7 (4.7-inch, $649) and iPhone 7 Plus (5.5-inch, $769) in Jet Black, Matte Black, Gold, Silver, and Rose Gold
• Advanced camera with new updates to shoot sharper and more vibrant photos and videos.
• Retina HD display to view your vibrant and colorful photos and videos.
• Best battery life of any previous iPhone with up to two more hours on the iPhone 7 and up to one more hour on the iPhone 7 Plus.
• Very first water and dust resistant iPhones! Apple's fine print states that liquid damage is not covered, so consider not going swimming with your new iPhone.
• Re-designed solid home button that is pressure sensitive and responsive to touch.
• New stereo speaker system that is 2x louder than the iPhone 6s. Your neighbors can thank Apple for this one.
• EarPods with a lightning connector (the same connector you use to charge your phone) to replace the previous headphone jacks. Before you start screaming, an adapter is included for old iPhone ear buds.
If you want to get your hands on one of these the new smartphones, pre-orders begin September 9th and the phones will be available in stores September 16th. We're excited to see how our charge capture and secure messaging users of physicians, physician's assistants, and nurse practitioners will react to these new devices in our upcoming mobile device update in October!