pMD® Patient FAQ
How do I download pMD?
- Receive a text message from your provider or their office to download pMD.
- Click on the link to get to the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play Store (Android).
- Look for the icon and download the pMD app. You’ll need iOS 11.2 or above for iPhone and Android OS 6 or above.
- Patient User Guide (iOS)
- Patient User Guide (Android)
Using a tablet? Please follow steps 1-4 above and then follow the instructions below:
- Type in your cell phone number when you open the pMD application.
- Verification code will be sent to your phone as a text message.
- Type the verification code from the text message into the pMD app on your tablet.
- Enable biometric login or set a password and you’ll be all set!
I’m logged in. Now what?
Congrats! The provider’s office has been alerted that you’ve successfully registered for pMD. There’s nothing else you need to do! Your provider will use pMD to initiate a chat, video call, or voice call.
Questions before or after your virtual appointment? Reach out to your practice directly via pMD chat or call their office.
If you have a medical emergency or need urgent care, please call 911.
Where do I update video and audio settings?
When you first log into pMD, you'll be prompted to 'Complete Setup' to help you get ready for your virtual visit. Tap on the 'Allow' button to prompt permissions. Select 'Allow' for Notifications, Camera, and Microphone. These settings are required to participate in telehealth visits with your healthcare provider.
If you do select 'Skip for Now' or deny permissions, you can update these preferences at any time by tapping on the red banner at the top of your Messages or Settings screen in pMD. You will then be either prompted through the permissions process outlined above or taken directly to your phone’s Settings to update your preferences (instructions for this below):
iOS: once in your phone’s Settings > scroll down to find pMD > enable Microphone and Camera
Android: once in your phone’s Settings > Apps & Notifications > select pMD > App Permissions > enable Camera and Microphone
If your camera and/or microphone settings are disabled, you will not be able to communicate with your provider via video or voice call.
If you answer a pMD video call while your phone or tablet is locked, tap on the "video" button after answering to enable video.
I missed a call from my doctor’s office but my phone didn’t ring. What do I do?
It sounds like you might have pMD notifications disabled. To receive calls, you will need to turn on your notifications. Please see Where do I update video and audio settings? section above for instructions.
- Go to your phone’s Settings.
- Scroll down and select pMD in your applications list.
- Tap on “Notifications” for the pMD app.
- Make sure “Allow Notifications” is toggled to the right and is green.
- Go to your phone’s Settings.
- Select “Apps & Notifications.”
- Select pMD in your applications list.
- Tap on “Notifications” and ensure “Show Notifications” is toggled to the on position.
Is pMD available on my computer?
pMD is an app that works with your iPhone or Android device. If you have an iPad or an Android tablet, that works too!
I’ve forgotten my password. How do I reset it?
- Click on “Forgot Password” from the pMD app login screen.
- Enter your cell phone number to receive a password reset link by SMS text.
- When you receive the text message, click on the link provided.
- You will be taken to a page to reset your password. REMEMBER, your password must have at least 10 characters and contain 3 of the 4 following categories: Uppercase letter, Lowercase letter, Number, or Symbol.
- Once your reset is successful, go back to the pMD app to enter your new password.
- That’s it! You should now be able to log into pMD.